How do you stay motivated to work out?? I'm trying to get into a workout regime, but I'm finding it hard to make myself go.
Asketh - queennavidean
Here are a few things that help me:
1. Believing in the process. I know that if I put in the work, the results will come. Every time I workout, I get closer to my goal. Getting there is excited, so I get excited to put in the work!
2. Doing exercises I enjoy. This isn’t to say that my routines are easy, but I’ve picked things and modified things so I can do exercises I enjoy. If you hate using a certain machine or attending a certain class, try something else!
3. Listening to badass tunes. Missy Elliott and Beyonce have gotten me through some tough times.
4. Belonging to a gym I like. I like my gym’s atmosphere and I get excited to go there. I also like using the massage machine and getting a few minutes of vitamin D when I go. It’s an extra treat and gets me excited to go!
5. Talking about my progress. I like making posts about my workouts and getting feedback and encouragement on tumblr. It really helps keep me going.
6. Keeping my eye on the prize. I’m going to rocking some lehengas in less than 7 months, and I plan to look and feel fly as hell when I do!
Motivators will be different for everyone, but I hope those give you a few ideas. I think it’s important to have several, because any single one won’t work 100% off the time.
I also think it’s important to remember that motivation snowballs. Sometimes you just have to drag yourself to the gym to get that process started. And the more you do, the more proud and excited and motivated you’ll get!